77th Fighter Squadron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One of my dreams in IL-2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Patton (77th FS)
Captain
Captain
Patton (77th FS)

One of my dreams in IL-2 Empty
PostSubject: One of my dreams in IL-2   One of my dreams in IL-2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:15 pm

well i know most of the guys aren't ready for this yet but i want to bring this subject to the squadron
one of my dreams in IL-2 are making a acrobatic video i already practice a lot with rudy thats why we can fly really good formations but we didn't get far because the lag of team members

so i want to ask you guys how do you think about this idea?

this video here is just a eccample and the best i found on youtube

( for the peuple who want to know the song of the video is Enya - Only Time) reminds me of my grandfather Sad
Back to top Go down
Van D Laan (77th FS)
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: One of my dreams in IL-2   One of my dreams in IL-2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:03 am

These guys earn my total respect. Wanna train one trick coming flight next thursday?
Back to top Go down
Fay (77th FS)
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Fay (77th FS)

PostSubject: Re: One of my dreams in IL-2   One of my dreams in IL-2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:03 am

Those skills will only come with time. Tricks are great and all but our strongest pilots are still miles ahead of our weakest who can barley get off the ground. Once the skill levels are not so far apart, this stuff will come a bit easier. But I do like the idea of course.
Back to top Go down
https://77thfs.darkbb.com
Patton (77th FS)
Captain
Captain
Patton (77th FS)

PostSubject: Re: One of my dreams in IL-2   One of my dreams in IL-2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:39 am

well we al start as a groundpounder but i started acrobatics (basic) on my own when i only had 3 weeks of experience and it worked (after 10 deaths) and after 5 weeks i started flying very close formations with friend so it doesn't matter what your experience are you can always do acrobatics btw acrobatics also inprove your dogfight skills you can use them to get an enemy of your tail and flying very close formations gives your enemy's the expression that your an experienced flyer (bringing fear in there hearts and let them think twice)
Back to top Go down
Fay (77th FS)
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Fay (77th FS)

PostSubject: Re: One of my dreams in IL-2   One of my dreams in IL-2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:41 am

Im not discouraging practicing at all. Hell I made the airshow, im ENcouraging it haha. I am just saying as a whole unit, it might take a while.
Back to top Go down
Patton (77th FS)
Captain
Captain
Patton (77th FS)

PostSubject: Re: One of my dreams in IL-2   One of my dreams in IL-2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 12:14 pm

but we can do some BCT for the ones who want to do acrobatics but it would be a long way
Back to top Go down
Fay (77th FS)
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Fay (77th FS)

PostSubject: Re: One of my dreams in IL-2   One of my dreams in IL-2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:00 pm

We'll discuss that further once we have a few sorties under our belts... so far we have 1... not counting qualification.
Back to top Go down
Rudy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Rudy

PostSubject: Re: One of my dreams in IL-2   One of my dreams in IL-2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:08 pm

You also need some requirements for flying like in that movie, even me and Patton still can't fly like they do. I think the requirements are a good joystick, with Rudder pedals (or others where you can use the rudder easy, not the standard z & x on your keyboard) and TrackIR.

• TrackIr is good for watching the other planes you are flying with.
  • Joystick for straight flying and more precise then the keyboard.
  • And Rudder pedals or something else for precise steering.

I only got the joystick of this row of 3, I can fly in close formation, but it is really hard to stay in a good formation when steering and doing acrobatic.

I think practicing will really take more then 1 year. But if we go fly with an good morale we will get our goal and succeed!
Back to top Go down
Patton (77th FS)
Captain
Captain
Patton (77th FS)

PostSubject: Re: One of my dreams in IL-2   One of my dreams in IL-2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:50 pm

well 1 year is really to much to say, i say give it 5 weeks and 2 times a week of training and then we got the basics
Back to top Go down
Patton (77th FS)
Captain
Captain
Patton (77th FS)

PostSubject: Re: One of my dreams in IL-2   One of my dreams in IL-2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:50 pm

well 1 year is really to much to say, i say give it 5 weeks and 2 times a week of training and then we got the basics
Back to top Go down
Rudy
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Rudy

PostSubject: Re: One of my dreams in IL-2   One of my dreams in IL-2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:08 am

I ment to fly like them :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of my dreams in IL-2   One of my dreams in IL-2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One of my dreams in IL-2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
77th Fighter Squadron :: Civilian Quarter :: Public Canteen-
Jump to: